We’re committed to protecting your privacy.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail at 4-6 Broadway, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1PS.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and your interactions with this website and our digital marketing (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and browsing behaviour)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to receive our marketing
- information that you provide to us by submitting any form on our website
- any other necessary information that you choose to send to us with legitimate purpose
Information we collect
Personal information refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, email address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business.
Personal Information can also include information that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information also includes navigational information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed.
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses.
This information is used to provide general statistics regarding the use of our website. We may link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
Some emails – such as personal correspondence that we send to you – have no tracking in at all. Other emails – such as our newsletter or prospecting emails that we send to you – contain tracking pixels so that we can tell how well each email performs.
We often use this information to tailor our communications to you, to improve your experience with us and to improve the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Information we collect from third parties
We may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources from time to time.
These partners include Hubspot and A1WebStats and publicly available sources such as social media websites, who augment the information you provide with their own data sources. They also include partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
Information about children
Our website is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us so that we can delete the information.
How we use the information we collect
Use of Personal Information
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the content on this website
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you marketing communications that you have specifically opted-in to receive via email, post, social media or telephone (you can opt-out at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- keep you informed about our upcoming events and webinars
- consider you for employment
- meet legal requirements and keep the website safe and prevent fraud
We will not — without your express consent — provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Legal basis for processing
We may process your information because:
- we have a contract with you
- you have given us permission to do so
- there is a legitimate interest for us to do so
- to comply with the law
Sharing your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties if you’ve consented to this or for legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- market research agencies
- trusted partners
- trusted suppliers of software your website may use
Customer testimonials and comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our website, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer's consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
Security of your personal information
Social media integrations
Retention of personal information
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about our subscriptions, services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using our services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information:
- A digital project or digital service: If you contact us regarding a project, but do not become a client, we will keep your data on file for one year before deleting it. If your become a client, we will store your personal data indefinitely.
- A career opportunity: If you contact us regarding a career opportunity, we will keep your data on file for two years.
- Other: We will keep any other information only as long as necessary to fulfil your enquiry. Your data will be deleted periodically on a rolling 6-month schedule.
We will delete any information at an earlier date if you so request, and where permitted by law.
How to access and control your personal data
Reviewing, correcting and removing your Personal Information
You have these data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your Personal Information.
- You can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at [email protected] or write to Distinction, 4-6 Broadway, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1PS.
We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your Personal Information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
To unsubscribe from our communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of our emails, by updating your communication preferences, by emailing us at [email protected] or by writing to Distinction, 4-6 Broadway, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1PS.
Data capture information
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our online forms. If you would like to change these preferences at any time, email us at [email protected] or write to Distinction, 4-6 Broadway, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1PS.
Your information may be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you completed the online form.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please email us at [email protected] or write to Distinction, 4-6 Broadway, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1PS.
We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.